Harris® Products Group
Credited with discovering the oxy-acetylene method of cutting in 1899, John Harris exhibited a torch in 1904 and founded Harris Calorific™ in 1905. Independently, in 1914, Joseph W. Harris founded J.W. Harris Company, specializing in distribution of parts for automotive and farm vehicles.
Lincoln Electric acquired Harris Calorific™ in 1990. The Harris® Products Group was formed in 2006 with the merger of Harris Calorific, Inc., manufacturer of gas welding and cutting equipment and gas regulation and distribution systems, and the J.W. Harris Company., manufacturer of brazing and soldering alloys and welding consumables.
Today, the combined Company is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of gas welding and cutting equipment, industrial and specialty gas regulation equipment, gas distribution systems, brazing and soldering alloys and welding alloys.
The Harris® Products Group currently operates manufacturing facilities in Mason, Ohio, USA; Gainesville, Georgia, USA, Dzierzonow, Poland, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.